Monday, February 09, 2009

I am an unbelievably terrible blogger. I'm going to try harder OK? A blog post every day. Its not like it ought to be hard. I mean, do you realize how much time I spend online? Between Ravelry, APCleveland and FrunchyMama I think I ought to have some time to update this thing here.

So today: The major event was I gave up on Brady's gloves. There is this impossibly wonderful pattern, found here: http://www.knitting-and.com/wiki/News_Item_Men%27s_Gloves_%28Vintage%29
Beautiful gloves knit flat on 2 needles. Awesome!! I made 1 glove a while ago and it didn't fit. It was lovely, eventually I'll make it a mate for myself. Here is a picture:

Photobucket

But, uh, the glove was too small for Brady's large fingers. I guess I should have paid attention to the part that said "To fit an average man's hand" Brady is rather large and not really average...

I'm making these now: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=30174.0

They're not nearly as pretty but they'll be servicable, which I guess is what counts right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well there it is, the blog post of the day. I will make one tomorrow. Promise. I'm going to keep up with this darn it!

No comments: